You asked and we listened!
Requests have increased for scholarship support for children of alumni to attend Gannon. The National Alumni Board is seeking funding for a scholarship establishing the Gannon University Alumni Association Endowed “Power” Legacy Scholarship. Funding would come from two sources – individual alumni and special benefit programs (Liberty Mutual, Loesel-Schaaf, Travel with the Experts, Howard Hanna, and B. F. Fields). To date, $9,829 has been raised toward the goal of $25,000. Under the “Power” Scholarship Challenge, all gifts raised will be matched dollar for dollar. Thank you, Mr. Tom Power ’63 for your generous challenge.
To learn more about this special scholarship or to make a gift, contact Cathy Fresch at 814-871-5842 or email@example.com. And, remember to utilize the special alumni benefit programs which support the Legacy Scholarship.
Student Scholarship Need
- 46% are first-generation
- 17% live in single-parent households
- 10% are minority
- 40% qualify for a Federal Pell Grant
- 95% receive financial aid (scholarships and/or loans)
- 82% graduate w/a federal loan debt of $23,022, with 27% having additional private loans bringing their average debt to $34,980
Endowed Legacy Scholarship Guidelines
- Financial Aid Office selects scholars in the spring
- Award is 4% of endowed fund annually
- Award for 4 years pending continued academic eligibility and in good standing
Endowed Legacy Scholarship Goals
- To provide scholarship support for the children of Gannon University/Villa Maria College alumni
- To support students with financial need
- Respond to requests made by alumni
- To continue quality education for alumni legacies