Gannon University Alumni Association Founders' Day Award
"Inspiration for the Next Generation"
Presenter: Gannon University Alumni Association as part of its strategic plan. In 2008, the National Alumni Board proposed to present a Founders' Day award to recognize and identify graduating seniors who embody the ideals, mission and character of Gannon University based on the criteria and eligibility requirements defined herein.
Purpose: To recognize a graduating senior who reflects the ideals, mission and
character of Gannon University. This includes but is not limited to
academic achievement, high moral character, leadership, service and
commitment to the University.
1. Any graduating senior completing the necessary requirements to complete his/her associates or bachelors degree is eligible to apply.
2. Students may nominate themselves OR be nominated by a Gannon peer, teacher or faculty member.
Faculty/staff nomination forms can be downloaded here. Gannon University peers, teachers or faculty members may nominate students through the submission of a letter of nomination (500 words or less) containing the student's contact information to Erin Sekerak at firstname.lastname@example.org. The nominated student will be notified and encouraged to complete an application. The letter must explain why the applicant is deserving of the Award which can serve as the professional reference required.
3. All applicants must submit a completed application package available for download at the bottom of the page which includes:
a. A completed application form
b. A short essay as described in the application form.
c. One (1) letter of recommendation (500 words or less) from a professional Gannon University faculty, staff, or administrator that can communicate how the applicant will perpetuate alumni involvement and will embody the ideals, mission and character of the University through academic achievement, high moral character, leadership, service, and commitment to the University.
d. A copy of your co-curricular transcript which can be obtained from the SOLD office.
e. An updated resume.
Award Selection Criteria:
The ideal candidate should exemplify the following characteristics:
a. Academic achievement
b. High moral character
d. Service and commitment to the university.
e. Willingness to support the ongoing efforts of the National Alumni Board
All materials must be submitted by February 22, 2016 in order to be fully considered. The Selection Committee of the National Alumni Board will review applicants/nominees and make a final selection by March 12, 2016. The award winner will be notified by March 14 and will be asked to attend the annual Gannon University Founders' Day Awards Ceremony on May 6, 2016 and will be awarded a $100.00 cash prize.
1. All sections of the application package should be submitted using the forms and templates provided within the application package.
2. The short essay section of the application must be completed using a word processing application (i.e. Microsoft Word), be approximately 500 words in length, and appended to the completed application package.
3. All additional pages used to describe applicant accomplishments and achievements must be completed using a word processing application (i.e. Microsoft Word) and appended to the completed application package.
4. Completed application packages must be received in the Gannon University Alumni Services Office by close of business (4:30pm EST) on February 22, 2016.
5. Completed written application packages should be sent/delivered to the following address:
Gannon University Alumni Services Office
Attn: Erin Sekerak
109 University Square
Erie, PA 16541
Please direct all questions regarding this application to Erin Sekerak, Gannon University Associate Director of Alumni Services. Erin can be reached via phone at (814) 871-7784 or via email at email@example.com.
Download application package
Faculty/Staff nomination form