Gannon University Alumni Association
Inspiration for the Next Generation Award
The Inspiration for the Next Generation Award recognizes a graduating senior who reflects the ideals, mission and character of Gannon University. This includes but is not limited to academic achievement, high moral character, leadership, service and commitment to Gannon University.
1. Any graduating senior or past semester December graduate completing his/her Associate or Bachelor's degree is eligible to apply.
2. Students may nominate themselves OR be nominated by a Gannon peer, teacher or faculty member.
3. All applicants must submit a completed application package, either electronically or by download at the bottom of the page, which includes:
a. A completed application form
b. A short essay (500 words or less) to describe:
As a new alumnus, how would accomplish the following objectives?
1) Educate current students about the alumni community
2) Connect current students with Gannon alumni
3) Foster a sense of ‘community’ and ‘belonging’ amongst your fellow alumni
4) Demonstrate how as a student you have supported the Gannon University Mission. How do you plan on supporting the mission as an alumnus?
c. One (1) letter of recommendation (500 words or less) from a professional Gannon University faculty, staff, or administrator
d. A copy of your co-curricular transcript which can be obtained from my.gannon.edu
- Directions on how to access your engage U (co-curricular) Transcript:
Go to my.gannon.edu
Click on engage U logo under My Applications
Log onto engage U
Click on your name in the upper right hand corner
Click on Involvement
Click on engage U Transcript
e. An updated resume
Award Selection Criteria:
The ideal candidate should exemplify the following characteristics:
a. Exceptional academic achievement
b. High moral character
d. Service and commitment to Gannon University.
e. Willingness to support the ongoing efforts of the National Alumni Board
All materials must be submitted by February 24, 2017 in order to be fully considered. The Selection Committee of the National Alumni Board will review applicants/nominees and make a final selection by March 31, 2017. The award winner will be notified by April 2, 2017 and will be asked to attend the annual Gannon University Founders' Day Awards Ceremony on May 5, 2017 and will be awarded a $100.00 cash prize.
1. Applications can be submitted electronically (see below) or in person to the Alumni Services Office.
2. Completed application packages must be received in the Gannon University Alumni Services Office by close of business (4:30pm EST) on February 24, 2017.
3. If completing written application package, materials should be sent/delivered to the following address:
Gannon University Alumni Services Office
Attn: Nancy Bird
Director, Alumni Services
109 University Square
Erie, PA 16541
Please direct questions regarding this application to Nancy Bird, Gannon University Director of Alumni Services, (814) 871-7473 or via email at email@example.com.
Download application package
Faculty/Staff nomination form
Submit your application here.